Maybe you have been a victim in an 18-wheeler truck accident and need some legal advice and help with the same. Weighing multiple tons, these trucks can cause untold property damage and catastrophic injuries when in a collision. Right from lack of maintenance to hours of service violations and even fatigue, there are multiple reasons why these giant vehicles are likely to collide with others. If you were injured in an truck accident with the 18-wheeler, you must file a personal injury claim. The 18-wheeler accident lawyers will help you to do the same.
The main purpose of the lawyers is to help you recover the compensation for all your injuries and the other damages involved. Even though it might appear that the truck driver was at fault for the accident, you must be very careful with your claim. According to 18 wheeler accident attorney near me, a single false move can leave you holding the bill for all your losses. So, let’s learn about the mistakes you must avoid after being a victim of an 18-wheeler accident.
Not Communicating With the Other Driver or the Police
You cannot even try to leave the scene without having a conversation with the other driver involved in the accident or the police.
- Maybe the truck driver was scared after the accident and left the scene. If that’s so, catching up with police personnel is highly recommended.
- It is one way to show that you are not at fault, and that’s why you are not afraid to face the consequences.
- At least, having a chat with the police during the scene will make the case more believable in your favor.
Not Gathering Information and Evidence
The reputed boca raton truck accident lawyer will always recommend you to gather as much information from the scene of the accident as possible. If you have the capability to take out your phone and click pictures of the scene, make sure to do so.
- You need to take pictures of not just the accident scene but try to cover the truck number as well.
- If you can get a picture of the truck driver, that’s a bonus point.
- If you are gravely injured and can’t take pictures on your own, ask the witnesses to do the same for you.
Not Getting Medical Evaluation Promptly
A truck accident is the most disastrous road accidents you will come across. So, getting medical attention immediately is a good call and also a necessity. It is also important to make your legal case strong. Going for medical attention right after the Accident proves the graveness of the injuries you have sustained, which will strengthen your case.
Not Keeping Track of Accident-Related Expenses
According to a reputed solicitor, it is always recommended to keep track of all the accident-related expenses. If you ask truck accident attorney boca raton, he will state that these accounts will help later to create the best compensation you deserve after the accident.
- The amount should cover everything from the medical expenses, hospital bills, loss of wages, and even the damages caused to your car or property.
- The bigger the amount gets, the seriousness of the case gets proven.
- It will not just help you win over the case, but you will also end up with a hefty amount!
Settlement Offer From the Insurance Company
Every truck owner has worked with some insurance company or the other. It is the rule of these insurance companies to pay you the amount quite less than what you officially deserve. They are trying to cut their money. Avoid signing any such settlement offer from the insurance firm unless you have guidance from the best 18 wheeler accident lawyer.
Not Filing a Truck Accident Injury Lawsuit in Time
Lastly, you have to file the truck accident injury lawsuit on time. There’s a time within which you have to file the accident case; otherwise, you lose the value of your case. So, waste no further time and contact a truck accident lawyer for help!